It doesn’t take crazy crafting skills to create something meaningful for your best girls. We mixed three, personalized DIY keepsakes with cute, girly sundries to create the perfect gift box for your bridesmaid ask, bachelorette party, or wedding day!
For the homemade parts of our gift box, we made a Photo Scrapbook, a “Before and After” care package, and a Personalized Luggage Tag. Here’s how we did it:
I. Photo Scrapbook
A photo scrapbook is a perfect, heartfelt way of collecting photos from all the years you’ve known each other, or for displaying prints from a fun bachelorette or bridal shower photo shoot.
What You Need:
1. Twine or ribbon (thin enough to fit through one hole punch)
2. Photo Prints (10-20)
3. Scrapbook paper
4. Themed scrapbook stickers
5. Scissors and/or Exacto knife
6. Metallic & white Sharpies (or acrylic paint with fine tip paintbrush)
7. Clear glue
8. Hole punch
How to Make Your Own Mini Photo Scrapbook:
1. Print 10-20 of your favorite photos with your bridesmaid. Arrange them in front of you to visualize the order of your photo scrapbook. Try these cute square photo prints for your favorite pics from Instagram! TIP: Print more photos than you need, just in case you make a tiny mistake!
2. Pick out some scrapbook paper. We recommend choosing a variety of weights, and bringing home both solid and patterned paper. Use the scrapbook paper to create interesting frames and designs on your photo prints. Be sure to trace a circle where the hole will be punched. Add some texture to the solid scrapbook paper pages by painting designs (like polka dots or Chevron stripes) to your cutouts.
3. Once all of the pages are complete, adhere the backs of each page to each other.
4. Punch three holes in each page. Make sure they align correctly before punching!
5. Tie the decorative ribbon or twine through each hole to bind the book together. Voila!
BONUS: Have some leftover scrapbook paper? Use your twine to tie some adorable flags to the corner of your book.
II. “Before and After” Kit:
A “Before and After” Kit in a Photo Mug is perfect for bachelorette parties or for the morning before the wedding!
What You Need:
4. Tequila (airplane bottle)
6. Salt packet
7. Mini packet of Tylenol
How to Make Your Own “Before and After” Mug:
1. Order a Custom Photo Mug using a photo of you and your favorite ladies.
2. Once it arrives, either create your own design, or trace a design you love onto the mug using a Sharpie.
3. Bake your mug according to the following instructions:
Black sharpie only (dishwasher safe): 450 degrees for 1 hour
Colored sharpie (not dishwasher safe): 250 degrees for 2 hours
4. Once your mug has finished “baking” and is cool enough to touch, add your tequila bottle, lime, salt packet, and Tylenol to the mug.
Now they’ll be ready for fun (and they’ll be prepared for whatever happens the next morning)!
III. Personalized Luggage Tag
Are you planning on heading out of town for your bachelorette party? Or, are you planning a destination wedding? Nothing is cuter (and more “on theme”) than a personalized Luggage Tag!
Here’s what you need:
1. Digital photo of you and your bridesmaid.
Here’s how to create your own:
1. Choose a photo and a Luggage Tag design from our gallery (or download the design we used by following the links above).
2. That’s it! Your finished Luggage Tag will arrive with its own band, so it’ll be totally ready for whatever adventure awaits.
IV: Sweet Sundries
Once you’ve finished your homemade keepsakes, head to your favorite store to pick out some knick knacks that match your wedding colors:
1. A scented candle
2. Bubble gum
3. Lip balm
4. Mud face mask
5. Hair ties
7. Nail polish
Once you have all of your items, choose a fun, customizable gift box! We personalized ours with a little hand-drawn calligraphy on chalk paint.
Pack everything up carefully…
Once it’s done, deliver to your bridesmaids and enjoy the celebration!